Thursday, May 21, 2009

DO YOU MIND???

I am fairly new at this blogging thing and not sure about blogging etiquette (or if there is blogging etiquette?). I have two questions.

  1. Is it okay to go blog surfing? I had no idea what a blog was this time last year. My sister introduced me to blogging. I was curious to know who else was out there blogging. So I went blog surfing. I clicked on one of her comments, which led me to the blog of one of her friends from high school. On this friend’s blog, I found friends that I went to high school with, so I clicked on them. I found SO many people that I know. It was amazing. I love getting caught up on what my friends from high school and other acquaintances are doing. I usually know the owner of the blog, but sometimes when I am blog surfing, I run across a blog that is just a good read. Back to my question. Is it okay that I am looking at people’s blogs that ONE, I haven’t seen or spoken to in a few years and TWO, people that I don’t even know?
  2. Assuming that it IS okay to be looking at other blogs, can I add them to my blog friends? If you didn't want people looking at your blog, wouldn't you go private? I don’t want the owner of a blog that I read to come to my blog and see their name on my friends list and think to themselves “what the H, who is this crazy?” I would be flattered if someone I didn’t know was interested in my writing, but I could be in the minority on that.

Let me know what the proper etiquette is or if YOU MIND when someone is reading your blog that you haven't seen or spoken to in a few years or poeple that you don't know at all. 

5 comments:

  1. Dani!!! I had NO idea that you had a blog!!! I came across it by my private invite list...I went to add someone else to it and saw that you now had a blog too! Yay! I am SO excited that you have jumped into the blogging world! It is so much fun and it really is amazing how many old and new friends you can find on here! Logan is SO CUTE and I am so glad that you guys are happy and doing great! Yay again! :) oh, and I think it is A-ok to blog surf, and add your friends to your list! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey girl!! I am so glad that you found my blog! I miss you and glad that we can keep in touch! Logan is such a cutie! I blog surf all the time, its so fun to see what people have been up to that I haven't seen in a long time. Where in Henderson do you guys live? We are in Htown too!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey! How are you? I hope you don't mind, I found you on Britts blog! Logan is such a cutie! How have you three been doing? Its been awhile!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hey Danielle! I'm so glad you found my blog. I was just thinking yesterday that I needed to call you and we needed to get together sometime.
    Curtis is super excited to start kinder. We are hoping he gets AM kinder. Is that what you teach?
    And about blog surfing. I love to blog surf and what I call blog stalk. I look at random people's blogs all time. I find it quite facinating.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Remember me? LOL! I love this post! I was blog surfing and I came across your blog. How funny! I surf anytime my boys are sleeping, (not much) but I love your blog and I'll add you to my "friend's list." Anyways, I hope to catch up a bit with you.

    ReplyDelete