Tuesday, June 9, 2009

Schools OUT for the Summer (Officially)

Today is my first OFFICIAL  day of summer. Yesterday should have been since school DID end for students LAST THURSDAY, but all 9 month teachers had to go back to school on Monday to make up that GLORIOUS snow day we all enjoyed back in December. So today is the day. I am already board. What do you do all day? I have a few plans this summer like the beach and DISNEYLAND, but that's only one week at the of June. Swimming, playing at the park (in the mornings), throwing rocks in the backyard, watching way to much TV, making rag quilts, going to the splash pads. Huh, I don't know if that will last me all summer. So, to all the stay at home mommas, what do you do everyday? Do you start preparing dinner in the morning? do you really do crafts each day? Do you just play and play and play? I need some suggestions to fill the hours. And if you are board too, call me and we shall set up a play date.

2 comments:

  1. We really need to set up a playdate! Believe me that you will definitely find things to fill in your time! Yay for summer! And Yahoo for the beach and Disneyland...we will be there a couple times this year...I can't wait! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. We should get together and play sometime. We usually visit the splash pad once a week. And the mall just started up story time once a week. It was pretty laid back and fun today. They try to make it enjoyable for all ages. Also, if it is cool enough out we go and feed the ducks. We hit the rec center also this week for their activity pool. It was fun but than again my kids love water.

    ReplyDelete